Last Updated: April 1, 2018
Vayo does not itself host the Service – all hosting is done by third party hosting providers that we engage. This means that data you provide us or that we or third parties collect from you (including any Personal Information) is hosted with such third party service providers on servers that they own or control. Regardless of where such third party service providers themselves are based (and some are US-based), their servers may be located anywhere in the world (including the US). Your data may even be replicated across multiple servers located in multiple countries. So please be aware that you are consenting to your data being transferred to various third party service providers around the world.
Generally speaking, Vayo receives information because:
- You have provided it to us;
- We collect it from you; and/or
"Personal Information" means information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, such as a first and last name, an email address, phone number, a home or other physical address, and other similar contact information.
"Anonymous Information" means information which is not Personal Information, including without limitation aggregated or statistical information, and Personal Information that may have been de-identified, hashed or otherwise anonymized.
- Information You Provide To Us. Currently, we require you to provide us with certain types of Personal Information in order to use parts of the Service and benefit from some of their features. Here are some examples:
- Account Creation. In order to use the Service, you will need to register an account ("Account"), which will require you (or in some cases, may just give you the option) to provide Personal Information (such as your name and email address) by way of submitting an online form.
- The Service may give you the option of registering an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Service for a designated third party website or service, such as Slack or Atlassian or Google (each a "Third Party Account"). If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection of the two accounts and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
- Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send you an email, text message, or other electronic message confirming your Account creation (or otherwise instructing you how to confirm it).
- Location Data. We may collect data related to the geographic location of your device to which the Service is connected ("Location Data"). You may be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features (and, if you do, some features of the Service may be unavailable), but we may still receive other Location Data based on your IP address (or other device data).
- ‘Contact Us’. If you send us a ‘Contact Us’ (or similar) request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available, by sending an email to an email address that we display, by using a feedback or reporting feature, or by other means, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address.
- Communicate with Us. You may provide Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team or through other communications with us, including through social media.
- Purchases. If you make a purchase for or via the Service, you will be required to provide account and billing information, invoice related information, and other data required to process and fulfill the purchase. We may also update such data should you grant us permission to bill you or your credit card for recurring charges, such as monthly (or other periodic) payments. We may use the products and services of third party service providers to process and fulfill such purchases, in which case you will be providing the information to them as well.
- Profile. The Service may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account ("Public Profile"). Your Public Profile will include your name, but you may choose to provide other Personal Information, such as your gender, a profile picture, and other information that we may offer you to present.
- Share with Others. The Service may offer features enabling you to invite others to use the Service, for example by sending an invitation email from the Service to the recipient's external email address. If you send or post an invitation, you will be providing us with Personal Information about the recipient such as his/her email address or online account user name and ID.
- Blogs, Newsletters, Surveys and Promotions. We may also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters and participate in surveys and other promotional activities. In each of the foregoing cases, your interaction (such as responding on the blog forum, subscribing to a newsletter, or participating in a survey) may require you to provide certain Personal Information such as your name and email address.
- Information We Collect From You. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Information from you in the following ways:
- Account Login. If you connect your Account with a Third Party Account, we may receive information (including Personal Information) from the corresponding Third Party Account service. Such Personal Information may be about you and/or your Third Party Account contacts. Please check the policies of the applicable vendors in order to understand what information we receive. Even if you later disconnect your Account from your Third Party Account, we may still keep a copy of the information that we received from the connection of the two accounts.
- Log Files; Device and Usage Data. We collect information through server log files, but also by deploying tracking technologies within the Service, and we may also associate this information with your Account. We do this to analyze trends, track user movement around the Service, gather demographic information, and to generally collect information that we may find insightful or helpful. The type of information collected may include (but is not limited to) internet protocol (IP) addresses (which may vary from session to session), MAC address, mobile network information including phone number, device type and hardware model, browser type, operating system type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp of Service use, referring/exit pages, and clicked pages.
- Data Retention. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, process, analyze, and retain data related to the provision of the Service. We may retain such information, including Personal Information, indefinitely.
- To Generally Provide You With the Service. We will use your Personal Information to: (a) administer and provide the Service to you; (b) further develop and generally improve the Service; (c) send you updates, promotions, offerings, or other news of/about the Service and/or Vayo; (d) respond to communications with you; (e) identify or authenticate your access and use of the Service or an Account; and/or (f) send you updates and marketing information related to our products and services.
- Enforcement. We may share your Personal Information with any third party if we believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) enforce the Terms of Service, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; and/or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Vayo, our users, yourself and/or the public.
- Publicly Available Information. Any content that you make publicly available on or via the Service will be publicly available to other users of the Service. If you actively or passively allow your contact information to be public, you may receive unsolicited messages or activity from other users of the Service. We therefore encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be publicly accessible.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Service-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still respond to communications initiated by you, as well as send administrative emails that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Service.
- Anonymous Information. Subject to applicable law, we may use and share Anonymous Information for any purpose whatsoever and with any third parties (such as advertisers and marketing partners), including in exchange for compensation or other monetization.
- Access and Accuracy. We would like to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, there may be tools that we make available via the Service. Otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com to request deletion containing adequate details of the request (although we do not undertake to respond to, or otherwise implement, the request within any specific period of time). Please be aware that information deleted (whether directly by you or pursuant to a deletion request) may or may not be permanently deleted, and may remain stored on our servers (or those of our third party service providers) - in such cases, the information will no longer be accessible or visible to you, but will be accessible and visible to us. We, at our discretion, decide whether or not to permanently delete information from our servers.
- Links to and Interaction with Third Party Products. The Service may link to, or otherwise enable you to interact with, third party content, products and services. Any Personal Information you provide in connection therewith is provided to the third party. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, or for such content, products and services, and we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each third party that you choose to use or interact with.
- Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract nor directed toward children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that Vayo is acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. In the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership, or comparable event, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, assigned, or used.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure (if any) of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To the extent applicable, you may make such a request by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our "Do Not Track" Notice. We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about that individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect Personal Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Service.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of certain parts of the Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and provided you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content or Personal Information. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require (or allow) us to enable removal.